Who has the best footsies/pokes/regulars?

I’ve finally dropped all of my characters to commit to Abel. My alt is Hawk. Now I’m looking for a alt with really good regulars. I was thinking Chun or Vega. I mained Vega for a while in Vanilla, but I had no concept of footsies back then. Now I think my footsies are pretty good. I tend to lame out fighters with Hawk pretty easily even though his regulars are not that good. Abel’s regulars suck. I need some one I can be highly effective with just off regulars and good footsies.

In no order, Chun, Ryu, Balrog, Akuma, Bison, Vega, Guile, arguably Rose too.

Probably a few I’m forgetting at the moment.

Bison, Akuma, and Rose don’t have multiple good regulars. Chun, Guile, and Vega have multiple options on the ground as well in the air. I’m kinda looking for the ladder rather than one god like regular like Bison’s, or Sagat’s st.FK.

Akuma/Ryu have some of the best normals, so I don’t know what you’re talking about there, but I’ll give you Bison. Don’t sleep on Rose either, she has some great pokes, her cr.mp is awesome, and her slide is very effective.

I guess if I had to rate top 5, personally it’d be:

1. Rog

2. Chun

3. Ryu\Akuma

4. Guile

5. Vega

Oh, and Fei has very good normals as well, but I think Vega’s hopkick carries him very far on top of his pokes.

i believe chun rog and guile are the best to pick from

There’s actually a formula to this.

Anyone with a very, and I mean VERY, limited specials arsenal typically has great normals. Guile comes to mind.
There are some exceptions. Some folks without fireballs have good ones too.

And I think I overheard something about Rose having great pokes in the Dee Jay forums.

Juri seems to have some great normals.

My personal top 5, 3 and 4 could definately be swapped.

1)Boxer
2)Chun
3)Dictator
4)Ryu
5)Guile

I would say

1. Rog
  2. Chun
  3. Ryu/Akuma
  4. Vega
  5. Rose

Balrog or Chun

IMO Chun can go on a footsie battle with just about anybody.

Thanks a lot. I was hoping for more Vega love, especially with how he’s been doing at EVO, but Chun was on my mind as well. I think I’ll give her a try.

Vega has some of the best normals in the game.