Why are high ranked players such dicks?

Im new to the game but have been on sfxt for awhile (b rank) so i have a general idea on how to play sfiv. Maybe im the only one but i swear half my fights the guys i play are dicks. Theyll be winning (of course) and start taunting and shit. I hope a c+ or higher rank can beat a D rank. Its just really annoying makes me say f this game. Just shit like that pisses me off and im wondering if thats just a common occurrence in this game regardless of rank?

People taunt regardless of rank. Try to not lose your focus.<br>

Ahh o well. I get that. It just seems so much worse in this game than sfxt.

thats cuz taunting in sfxt would be like popping a wheelie in a wheel chair race

I play ranked on the PC and I always get this Seth player who always taunt me as his BP is like 15k and mine is only 2k

Taunts are sometimes also useful. Quite some characters can avoid fireballs and standing attacks with taunts.<br>Dan can even stop ultras with his taunt.<br>But ye most ppl taunt just to annoy the other player.<br>The only taunt I use is to put on Guile’s sunglasses, but I only use that because it increases Guile’s damage output about 20% and of course it looks cool lol.<br>

Imagine it’s Steve Urkel on the other end that’s taunting you because that’s the reality in most of these cases. They taunt because it’s anonymous online play (i.e. trash play). <br>

I also get taunted by lower level players, however you will find players, who taunt, on high level as well as on low level. Don´t get distracted by taunts, just do your best and also try to improve yourself, as much as you can.<br>Even pros will taunt, i remember the likes of Daigo or Tokido also would do it sometimes,by the way taunting can also give in certain games a temporary buff(SF3, or the example with Guile in SF4) or it can simply mean that they want to get the best out of the opponent, so don´t take a taunt as something negative, just concentrate on playing.<br>

some check list for you if you wonder why you got “personal action” from your opponent…<div><br></div><div>1. am i turtling?</div><div>2. am i above 10k and yet have no guts to approach your opponent?</div><div>3. have i ever send ragemail?</div><div>4. have i ever ragequit?</div><div>5. am i spamming projectile<br></div><div><br></div><div>other than that (play random mixup, guessing game, zoning, footsies, frametraps, send gg to your opponent etc…) ,<br></div><div>i think, you were supposed not to be tauted…</div><div><br></div><div>what I can only say, I feel sympathy for you. Don’t feel so bad…cheer up. :)</div>

Sometimes when you go into rank using a sub character,if you get beat they send you hatemail but if you run it back with your main they boot you.

Taunting’s only a bit of craic…
I wouldn’t take it to heart.

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/80605/sorrowstick">sorrowstick</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>some check list for you if you wonder why you got “personal action” from your opponent…<div><br></div><div>1. am i turtling?</div><div>2. am i above 10k and yet have no guts to approach your opponent?</div><div>3. have i ever send ragemail?</div><div>4. have i ever ragequit?</div><div>5. am i spamming projectile<br></div><div><br></div><div>other than that (play random mixup, guessing game, zoning, footsies, frametraps, send gg to your opponent etc…) ,<br></div><div>i think, you were supposed not to be tauted…</div><div><br></div><div>what I can only say, I feel sympathy for you. Don’t feel so bad…cheer up. :)<br><br><br>Gat dayuum! Considering points 1, 2, and 5 it’s clear that this poster knows his stuff! I’ll definitely keep eyes open for more of his posts. Great to know that gamefaqs isn’t the only place with such high caliber posters anymore. Lovin’ the new SRK more and more. <br></div></div>
</blockquote>

<br>

<P>Why do people get so butthurt over taunts? I taunted a flowchart Juri on ranked he was close to die, he did wake up ultra and it hit. After that I still had plenty of life left and he taunted back lol, I did wake up Ultra and he died. He taunted back even though he was 99% sure of losing.</P>

worse than taunting is that sometimes they switch to your main, especially after you beat them, showing you they know how to play better.
All nice and good, except i didnt ask your opinion.play random next time

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/71137/IsleySilverKing">IsleySilverKing</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/80605/sorrowstick">sorrowstick</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>some check list for you if you wonder why you got “personal action” from your opponent…<div><br></div><div>1. am i turtling?</div><div>2. am i above 10k and yet have no guts to approach your opponent?</div><div>3. have i ever send ragemail?</div><div>4. have i ever ragequit?</div><div>5. am i spamming projectile<br></div><div><br></div><div>other than that (play random mixup, guessing game, zoning, footsies, frametraps, send gg to your opponent etc…) ,<br></div><div>i think, you were supposed not to be tauted…</div><div><br></div><div>what I can only say, I feel sympathy for you. Don’t feel so bad…cheer up. :)<br><br><br>Gat dayuum! Considering points 1, 2, and 5 it’s clear that this poster knows his stuff! I’ll definitely keep eyes open for more of his posts. Great to know that gamefaqs isn’t the only place with such high caliber posters anymore. Lovin’ the new SRK more and more. <br></div></div>
</blockquote>

<br></div>
</blockquote>

<br/>

why thank you…
but you should notice my weakness there…my “taunt” spelling. LOL

anyway…i encourage you to taunt your opponent who let their mic on till the game became too noisy with stupid baby cry on the background, playback stressful unknown alternative rock band music, and curse you with vulgar word which supposed not to let our kids listen to…

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/51716/petran79">petran79</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>worse than taunting is that sometimes they switch to your main, especially after you beat them, showing you they know how to play better.<br>
All nice and good, except i didnt ask your opinion.play random next time</div>
</blockquote>

This is pretty much the most annoying thing ever, well aside from someone playing a sub character, and then switching to their main and leaving after winning a game. I remember someone once decided to pick Yang against me since I was playing Yang and he tried to cancel cr. mp into mantis slashes at least ten times. Like if you want to prove you’re better at playing a character at least know how to play the damn character…

situations I might taunt in:<div><br></div><div>I have a huge life lead and you back off of me and retreat to full screen, hoping I’ll chase you and run into your weak shit.</div><div><br></div><div>you don’t block on your wakeup and I tag  you with the same thing over and over.</div><div><br></div><div>you spend your rounds unable to stop mashing reversal on wakeup and getting punished for it.</div><div><br></div><div>I do it to help.  I want people to make better decisions.</div>

Taunting online is just lol.  Nerds with major self esteem issues.  Of course if you play Dan you are allowed to taunt…I mean that is half the fun.<div><br></div><div><br></div>

yup. dan players required to taunt