Why are there more people in the Ibuki forum than any other?

ibuki

Just an odd speculation, but since this evening I’ve noticed an extraordinary number of people browsing this forum, whereas this afternoon everyone had solely flocked to the cody forums. Has there been some sort of especially interesting news about Ibuki that drew attention here, or what? I’ve not seen any well-known top players playing or speaking about Ikubi (as an example of something that might draw attention to her), or the like, so what am I missing here?

I have noticed this yesterday.

I dont think its because a lot of ppl are actualy playing her over other characters.It’s just because there are a lot of things to know,since she seems an advanced character.

I don’t really know of any news but if you tried playing her, she seems to give off the aura of being Akuma’s and Viper’s lovechild. She has a ton of combos and can Super Jump Cancel. Look up Optionselects’ video of her on Youtube and get a glimpse of what she can do. She’s pretty awesome. :smiley:

I was curious about this as well, especially because the shift in character subforum prominence happened later in the evening, and was not constant throughout the day. Also she wasn’t a very popular character in 3s, so if nothing else I would’ve expected the other 3s characters forums to be more populated for that reason… But who knows.

It’s because Ibuki’s a sick mix of Akuma and Viper. Beastly resets, big combos, and she’s a ninja? Winning combination.

Of course, I don’t like to press a lot of buttons, so she’s not for me.

Well it’s pretty obvious why I’m interested in her but yeah…Ibuki has that allure because most top players are going to stay away from her for a while since most didn’t even play Ibuki in any SF game and Ibuki in SFIV is pretty changed up from any of her other additions. She has a lot of random tricks and tactics that no other character has and as things are starting to come up with her people are definitely interested to see how she’ll turn out. I’m practically on the edge of my seat with the things she can do right now. Her mix up and stun potential is probably even crazier than it was in 3S even if her footsies are a bit nerfed. When she gets good she is going to be SCARY. She will literally be the hardest character to react to in the game and one of the quickest at stunning you.

Everyone’s gotten over Dudley and Makoto since they were obvious regularly played characters in 3S that a lot of people had a connection to but as a 3S Ibuki player I already knew of Ibuki’s unique and near limitless attacking options. This character was toned down in 3S hard and not seen as much because her first 2 editions were broke as shit. Ibuki is like that character that’s secretly always top tier for me because it’s so easy to make a character like her almost too powerful. Since most people don’t even know the first thing about Ibuki’s playsytle the allure I’m sure is catching a lot of people. People are going to be anxiously awaiting anything that gets figured out about her.

question jin, do you think ibuki will take over viper’s place as the hardest character to play execution-wise?

edit: im pretty sure she has the most moves in the game, but execution difficulty is a different matter entirely.

I jumped onto the Ibuki train myself, but I did that in the moment she was announced though. Viper was my main before…
But the target combos are a new concept to me, as neither Ryu, nor Rose / Viper had these…

As a Cammy/Vega player… Ibuki is soooo foreign to me. These target combo to target combo combos, cancel to target combos is very interesting.

Shes super fun to play, and if i play right i can stun the other person like in the first 10 seconds. i come to find help with some match-ups

I’m a former Viper player and I can say that Viper is still several times harder to play. Ibuki’s more about good timing over accurate motions, the most complex motion I’ve run into is the SJC Ultra off a normal. Everything else is links so she’s more like Akuma in that regard.

Viper’s got 4 different types of burn kicks, SJC FADC, and a shit load of different resets and options. In my humble opinion, Viper is definitely still the hardest to play. And she’s really good in Super because now she won’t die in three hits while still keeping her own damage output.

yea as soon as i heard ibuki was in i said… thas my girl lol… in sf4 i played vega, gen an guile so moving to ibuki was kind of difficult… i wanted to drop her so bad 1st day but i said fuck i i like her style i dont care if i lose every match im playing with hernow im gettin the hang of her an my execution is excellent…but playing vega then goin back toibuki is like playing 2 total different games…im pretty sure all these views are temp tho, as soon as ppl realize her difficulty we wont see about as much ibuki as we see viper

yeah… i think it comes down to, ibuki just has a ridiculous amount of moves and options when it comes to mixups and mindgames… easily the most in the game.

viper doesn’t have as much, and she is harder to execute with than any other character, but damn she’s a beast in the right hands.

anyone who mains either of these characters deserves respect imo, because they are leagues above the rest of the cast in terms of raw button-pressing and learning curve.

To be honest the reason I bought ssf4 is because of her.
-I like the narutoness of her. (don’t watch the show but the games are so fun)
-Being a GG/BB player I felt that sf4 was slow and dull. Ibuki is fast and fun to watch.
-I always pick the weak hitting chars but strong when you know what to so. Always seems to be chick characters( I play taki in soul calibur, milla-rage guilty gear, Noel in blazblue)
-I like options
-ultra1 is sick.

I think she just has a lot of appeal like a ryu or juri. I have seen 2 Ibukis online so far though.

To be honest the reason I bought ssf4 is because of her.
-I like the narutoness of her. (don’t watch the show but the games are so fun)
-Being a GG/BB player I felt that sf4 was slow and dull. Ibuki is fast and fun to watch.
-I always pick the weak hitting chars but strong when you know what to so. Always seems to be chick characters( I play taki in soul calibur, milla-rage guilty gear, Noel in blazblue)
-I like options
-ultra1 is sick.

I think she just has a lot of appeal like a ryu or juri. I have seen 2 Ibukis online so far though.

i main balrog and i used to sub cammy just cause i liked the change of pace, always have to be moving, ibuki was more what i was looking for though

ibuki has tons of options and she can freestyle probably the best of all characters… maybe put viper, fuerte,seth,gen in that freestyle category as well.

the thing about ibuki though is that her execution isnt THAT hard, its just the execution along with the speed that she can be played is what makes her hard to play.

but tons of options>few overpowered ones.

imho… unfortunately, that isnt really how sf4 plays… the cheesy easy strategy on a stick characters like rufus and rog own this game at anything below the highest level of players.

if ibuki can consistently get in. i think that she is the best character in the game. if she cant get in, shes pretty bad, but not nearly as bad as say makoto.

-dime

New Convert from the psycho power posse - M. Bison. God knows I’ve spent enough time with him (41,000 championship points), but just needed something else new and interesting. And a projectile is nice to have. After such a straightforward character like Bison, with few combos, it was a cool change of pace to have options I’d never had before, combos to ultra/super, anti-air, non-charge character, etc.

a good question is why new threads keep being made

Cause she is a fucking ninja.