Why are turbo buttons looked down on?

so i always use turbo buttons when i play bison and balrog and other characters like that. it makes the combos work 100% of the time and saves me from cheap throw setups by hitting cr.lk or cr.lp depending on who im playing

but every time i get a win i usually get a message from teh perosn i just beat telling me off for using turbo buttons. first of all, i have no idea how they find out (does it tell them that im using it or what?) and second, i dont see why its bad. i see it as if it helps me win, then im going to use it.

so why do poeple get so upset about it? if they want they can use it too, i don’t see anything wrong with it.

it’s impossible in an actual arcade cabinet
and banned in competitive play

The commonly held view is more or less this: If it’s not a feature originally meant to be in the game, it is cheating. Why not use a programmable pad that has moves come out with a single button press, then? I mean, anyone can buy one of those.

Advantages a turbo user has over someone that plays with only the inputs originally allowed by the game:

Faster than humanly possible Hyakuretsu, Honda hands, etc.
Faster than humanly possible mashing out of throws/dizzy (In games that have this feature, don’t think SF4 is the case)
Holding down buttons to have tight links come out always, effectively removing the possibility of human error from certain punishes

And the list goes on and on

No, not everyone can use turbo. Not everyone owns a TE stick. Turbo is also banned in all tournaments worth anything. However if you never plan on playing anywhere but online, go ahead and continue to use turbo.

input display in replays. either that or its just obvious from the way you play (now is when youre supposed to feel insulted).

people are always going to think theres something wrong with using hardware circuitry to help you do things youre supposed to be doing on your own, and theyre right. its not part of the game, its part of your controller.

ah shit im the slowest poster ever

ok, but i’m not in a tournament, im not playing a money match, im just playing onilne.

why do people still get cut up about it? i mean if i were playing in a tournament, then obvioulsy i couldn’t use it and i wouldnt, but if its just casually playing online, i dont see what the problem is.

ok, but i’m not in a tournament, im not playing a money match, im just playing onilne.

why do people still get cut up about it? i mean if i were playing in a tournament, then obvioulsy i couldn’t use it and i wouldnt, but if its just casually playing online, i dont see what the problem is.

sounds like a trololooolllolool

if youre just playing casually online then why do you need your combos to come out 100% of the time

if you care that much about landing combos and getting out of throw setups, that means you care about winning. maybe the other guy does too and doesnt want to take a bullshit loss to someone using electronic assist?

uh to win the match maybe? pretty common sense…

turbo can also stuff up a lot of link too so its not just auto-win. and no one is stopping others from using turbo. a bullshit loss could be to lag too, so you gonna blame turbo for that? its as if everyone is just using turbo as a scapegoat for their loss. “oh i didnt lose, the other guy was using turbo, he couldn’t possibly have out played me”

please…

theres no such thing as a cheap throw.

people dont want to lose, and they dont want to lose when they clearly shouldnt have had to lose.

turbo also has major disadvantages too, youre dumbing down your play style, theres certain things you wont be able to do with a move thats always repeated. turbo doesnt really help with most tight combos that are 1 frame links. plinking > turbo

you arent beating the other person though, your controller is. If youre afraid of getting thrown, why cant you just tech the throw? why cant YOU play the PERSON on the other side of the screen?

Because you aren’t winning.

lag prevents me from teching throws corectly which is why i use turbo to compensate

like you said necro, turbo has some big disadvantages too, so i dont see why people cry about turbo as if its auto-win when it obviously isnt.

SO you only use turbo when the game is particularly laggy? Because normal online gameplay doesn’t have enough lag to justify using turbo to compensate for any lost inputs. If you wanna tech throws properly, but are cautious about the lag, double tech or improve your reading skills. Most of the time its just reaction that can fail you. You don’t have to resort to turbo every game. Your skills only suffer from it. It just does for you what you can’t do by yourself, regardless if you have a laggy match. And thus, that is why it is looked down upon by the community. But the people who send hatemail and all that other butthurt shit are to be ignored and not represent the actual reasons for why turbo is frowned upon.

There are disadvantages, but if youre using turbo you probably wouldnt be effected by it anyway. i was simply explaining why people who actually know how the game works dont use it ever.

you are cheating because your controller is doing everything, you arent. you have very little to do with your win %

Why are people replying to obvious troll threads?

With that logic I bet you use chloroform to get dudes back to your closet.

so i always use aimbot when i play counter strike and black ops and other games like that. it makes the aiming work 100% of the time and saves me from cheap player setups by hitting left click or right click depending on what aimbot im using

but every time i get a win i usually get a message from teh perosn i just beat telling me off for using aimbot. first of all, i have no idea how they find out (does it tell them that im using it or what?) and second, i dont see why its bad. i see it as if it helps me win, then im going to use it.

so why do poeple get so upset about it? if they want they can use it too, i don’t see anything wrong with it.

UHNNNNN ME US DICTATOR AND BOXOR TURBO DERP WHY BAD?

Xmas is over now, so it means i can tell you to shoot yourself. If you weren’t a complete and utter retard, you’d not only know why people give you shit for it online, but why you’re a scrub for using it online with those characters. You don’t even have the sense to admit what a ****** you are for trying to play innocent while using turbo for the two characters in the game where turbo is the most abusable.

Mrsim… I give you a treatment from tampa…

you are a piece of shit…

stay playing online, please. so i dont have to run into you at a tourny and straight body you, f*ckin loser.

everyone here knows this whole thread is just flame bait and a waste of life. this guy isn’t a newbie he is a scrub.