Why do you main this sumo wrestler? I am someone who usually can’t settle on a main character but I keep coming back to him. My reasons are
- He simply feels right, his weight, his normals (especially his nj. fierce), and the way he can be aggressive and random, and also patient.
- He is not a mixup character, but can mix people up. I find characters like seth who are just “remember this mixup, do random shit” boring to play, but I also find that characters like balrog who have no mixups at all slightly too dull. E honda has the perfect mix because he has that wonderful command grab.
- He has the best japanese voice actor
- I LOVE hands. When I first got the game, I thought that E Honda seemed like a really cool character, but I thought that I wouldn’t be able to do his long combos on pad (I didn’t realise that there were players like stev0, lol). Anyway when I got a stick the first thing I did was learn how to piano. To this day something about HHS still satisfies me - and I may sound weird when I say this, but I love it when people block HHS, I’m not sure why but the combined effects of the blocking animation, blocking sound and e honda’s jp voice make it my favourite thing to do ever.
- This may sound weird as well, but I enjoy a character who has matchups, if you know what I mean. I like that fact that you have to study what to do against certain characters, I think it adds a lot more fun to the game, instead of using seth and just going herp derp, basically do the same thing against each character.
- I am half english half japanese, and when I was younger I went with my family whilst on holiday in japan to see the finals of a sumo tournament (to see who would be the yokozuna?) and i thought sumo was really cool.
Anyway, that was a long post