Why tripping in brawl is awesome and why you should stop whining about it

Tripping punishes people who DO use a lot of ground movement. If Pit stands in one spot and projectile spams, he’s a lot less likely to trip than a character trying to do ground-based mixups.

If anything, tripping makes it more difficult for people to get around the annoying (but sadly legit) strats.

And if you’re playing against projectile-spamming/camping Lucarios…they’re playing him wrong and you should be WINNING.

Get better at the game, son. Then come back and complain/anti-complain. At this stage, it looks like someone complaining about Akuma’s air fireball in 3rd Strike.

I don’t hate tripping or anything like that. It just frustrates me because if it wasn’t induced by another character’s attack, you could be trying to space, pressure an opponent, running to get to the edge and continue your offencive pressure by edgeguarding or simply continuing your assault on someone after they were knocked back. It just completely stops the momentum and leaves you immobile for a few moments, enough that your opponent can replace himself and change the match’s rhythm.

the projectile spam isn’t the problem I pretty much never get hit by it, it just makes me take about 10seconds to cross the field safetly and just makes the match take alot longer, hmm its hard to describe. You would have to play against it, its not that they are spamming projectiles they just keep running away and poking with really safe hits. Its nearly impossible to explain why this is difficult cause many ppl try this and it just doesn’t work at all, I didn’t understand how this was annoying at first its mostly cause they drag out the match so damn much if its a timed match its cool though, but without a time limit the match WILL last nearly forever, unless you get to agreessive and you lose, and pits/lucarios fast side step is why they are the only chars you can do it with, part of the problem was my char selection ZSS can’t really punish this strat at all my Sheik/Snake/Wolf raeped the guy cause they can punish dodges easily.

plus you approach projectile spammers by short hopping dodge that is until the last bit where I perfer doing a dash breaking into a smash. And like I said alot of the problem I had was these ppl were the kind of ppl you can’t stand losing to like normally I go sweet someone better than me, help me get better but these ppl its like STFU you asshole and playing like a 3 stock match that lasts 10-15minutes mostly of them dodging and running gets boring and lulls me at least into near sleep.

Lol, Sirlin hacked ST.

Except he’s not marketing it as the same game. It’s not ST, it’s ST: HD Remix.

vvvv

So basically, they’re using a really good strategy that carries over to a ton other fighting games?

yeah but for some reason it just pisses me off in brawl, don’t know why \O_O/ . plus its more dodging than poking and since you really can’t put long block string in brawl it normally turns into you running up doing 2-3 blocked or dodged hits then jumping back all O_o arn’t you know going to attack me or throw a projectile(then only projectile when im far away), and it just has me all ???, it would be like someone in SFIII just standing in the corner parrying all your shit but only attacking when you WILL get hit and never putting any pressure on you. You really have to play against it cause I saw my friend have a tough match and was all wtf, it looks so easy then its like why am I barely winning against this and why has this match already lasted 11min, but I guess this is why most ppl play with time cause if I get even 1 kill ahead I basically win, cause then they have to play my game. But if they get 1 kill ahead ohhh well keep trying, and I have a few shots.

After experimenting around If someone does this in a tourney to me, after first round Ill just change chars if I lose cause some chars like snake/MK/Marth/G&W and like 6-7 more this particular strat doesn’t work, mainly cause those chars damn safe, and they really can’t be punished easily. While Im not as good with these chars in general, it seems to work better against that play style better, plus I also do know how to play those chars sorta.

Pisses everyone off. And also, the SFIII example you used just sounds like turtling to me, which is a legitimate style of play.

yeah it is turtling thanks for reminding me of the term, it might be legit but I hate fighting it cause it just sucks ALL the fun out of the game for me.

Everyone hates fighting turtlers. That’s why you have to fuck 'em up so they go “goddamn turtling aint working out for me”

Then they switch to a different playing style. Then you fuck 'em up again. Rinse. Repeat.

If you hate tripping, then play snake; he never has to dash so he never has to worry about tripping.

You get bugged about tripping at first, but you get use to it after awhile. It sucks though when you trip into a fsmash.

I’ve lost maybe two matches out of maybe a thousand because I’ve tripped… if you can predict and punish roll dodge, well sorry maybe you should get better :frowning: you can roll too!

I think tripping is lame. It literally punishes movement and that’s whack, but you have to hack your wii or get over it because you have more fun forgetting about it.

Thread necroing seriously people

yeah this was mostly an angry rant and now I destroy this guy even in bad matchups cause he got too predictable (and never improved), but in comments you said I can roll dodge as well, but some characters are better at it than others great example Samus roll dodge is slow and very easy to punish, Lucario’s and Pits is very fast and a little tricker to punish but I really don’t mind tripping anymore its just there to mess with you. I did lose a match 3 days ago because the opponent tripped though.

At time it can be pretty game costing because i was at a tournament Saturday and it was loser’s finals, MK vs. MK, and both were well above 100%, one of them slipped, then the other dsmashed FTW, the loser didn’t complain, but was hella pissed from the way that he loss

tripping is stupid…comparing it to random dizzies in SF is stupid…now if you got dizzy randomly from walking back and forth then it would be comparable don’t know why they put it in the game. but its there deal with it.

That’s why you take tripping out with the no tripping code…

DONE

but if you do that…will diddy’s bananas still trip you? if not…then can’t see how that version could be played on a tournament level