I’m still pretty new with Bison, trying to figure out what are the right uses for all of his normals. I think I have a hang on most of them, but S. MK still confuses me. When comparing it with S. MP, it seems like S.MP is better in almost every way. Here’s how I see it:
- S. MK has slightly ( less than a tick on the Grid ) more range than S. MP
- They have identical animation timing information ( Startup, Active, Recovery )
- S. MP has higher hitstun, leaving it +6 on hit compared with S. MK which is +2 on hit
- S. MP has higher blockstun, leaving it +2 on block compared with S. MK which is -2 on block
- The hitboxes appear very similar, although S. MK seems to cover a bit more area closer to Bison…?
- The hurtboxes also appear very similar
So given that the timing and geometry are almost the same, the frame advantage on S. MP just seems like it’s way better. Yet, I definitely see high level players using S. MK sometimes. I must be missing something then, so what about S. MK makes it worth using?
Thanks for any advice!