windows xp sp3

Has anyone tried the new service pack? Is it worth downloading?

There is a SP3?! Whoa…

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=75ed934c-8423-4386-ad98-36b124a720aa&displaylang=en

"This is the self-extracting executable that contains the update package for Windows XP Service Pack 3. Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) includes all previously released updates for the operating system. This update also includes a small number of new functionalities, which do not significantly change customers? experience with the operating system.

This pre-release software is provided for testing purposes only. Microsoft does not recommend installing this software on primary or mission critical systems. Microsoft recommends that you have a backup of your data prior to installing any pre-release software."

I doubt it will change as much as SP2 did.

From what i hear these are some of the new features it offers.

1. Improved Login speed

2. Fixes Network Problems found in Sp2

3. Over all better PC performance

This is just a preview release no word on the actual release date yet.

I’ve heard rumours of it introducing more DRM, but nothing concrete. I’ll wait a while and see what happens before I bother downloading it.

Isn’t it only RC2?

i downloaded it onto my laptop. it crashed a bunch of times at first but now i got it all figured out. it made my internet way faster for some reason… the computer itself seems to be the same tho

how much faster can your internet get. Seriously man that speed in your picture is nuts.

that is from my house computer with a uncapped modem(dont ask dont tell). but with it on my laptop i was getting about 5-10mb/s(bytes not bits) download and about 1-5mb/s upload. it is great for my laptop. i was very happy with it.

Read this thread; Downed SP3, disabled AVG, Installed It…It seems faster or maybe I’m just tripping, either way its all good here.