Winter Clash! Feb. 27th, Ocean County Collage, Toms River, NJ

Ok, a little backstory for this thing…

The Ocean County College Gamer’s Club is holding it’s Winter Tourney on the 27th…dubbed the Winter Clash. The club’s official tourneys are Goldeneye (yes the N64 game) and 3S (they think sf4 was out too early to use.) I am hosting my own things on the side for other fighters, specifically gear and tvc (I’d host more, but we don’t have a long time.)

Where: The Solar Lounge in the Student Center of Ocean County College
http://www.ocean.edu/welcome/maps/maps_directions.htm
(building number 15)

1 College Dr Toms River, NJ 08753

When: February 27th, 2009, sign ups start at ~3:30 pm, matches start at ~5pm

What: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core / Tatsunoko vs. Capcom / possibly others / 3S

Entry fee: $5

GGXX AC

• $10 entry
  • 70 / 20 / 10
  • double elimination
  • all standard matches are 2/3 the finals (winners, losers, grand) are 3/5 (possibly 4/7)
  • Winner of the previous match must keep the character they won with, but the losing player is free to change
  • Aside from changing the buttons (after which you can reselect your characters), if you pause the game during the match, automatic DQ, no exceptions
  • gold, ex, gg and ggx, and shadow characters banned
  • If a double KO occurs, neither player is awarded the win and match will be replayed with the same characters.
  • Bring your own controller

in the event of a team tourney…the extra rules will be…

$30 entry per team

• 3 member teams
  • each team member must play as a different charcater (sol, dizzy, faust = good / dizzy, dizzy, faust = bad [though I don’t think faust would complain…]) however, you can change the order from match to match, however you like

TvC

• $10 entry
  • 70 / 20 / 10
  • double elimination
  • all standard matches are 2/3 the finals (winners, losers, grand) are 3/5 (possibly 4/7)
  • Winner of the previous match must keep the team they won with, as well as the initial order (tagging before the fight is fine however)
  • Handicap 3 (default)
  • Aside from changing the buttons (after which you can reselect your characters), if you pause the game during the match, automatic DQ, no exceptions
  • Performing any glitch that keeps the game from being played is banned. Its pretty obvious what these are. Most of them thus far make a rainbow character fly away to the moon! If you do one of these on purpose or on accident and can’t recover from it quickly, you forfeit the round.
  • If the Burning Ruins stage comes up, either player may opt to reroll the stage selection at any time before the round actually starts. If the round actually starts, the game must be played. This stage has huge issues for colorblind players, and even non-colorblind players in mirror matches. It is also the only stage with slowdown.
  • If both players want to select Yatterman-1, they must agree on which color/mech they wish to use. If an agreement can not be reached, a coin will be flipped to see who gets to select their color first. ([media=youtube]cZ5tKZVIVlY[/media])
  • ratio pending (most likely 4 : 3)
  • “The Grego” - Accidentally changing point characters as the round starts doesnt mean you get to reset and reselect your characters. You have to play it. Remember, holding either the DOWN direction or the PARTNER button will cause this.
  • If a double KO occurs, neither player is awarded the win and match will be replayed with the same characters.
  • 2 wiimotes will be supplied for each wii system, along with 2 classic controllers and 2 wii hori fighting sticks, but feel free to bring your own controller (including gamecube controllers and gc adapters)

list of glitches in question -
Viewtiful joe variable air combo glitch (VAC after redhot kick)
saki’s C - air grenade vs. tekkaman’s B - whip
Casshern dog glitch
Rock glitch

3S and Goldeneye rules will be posted when made available.

Time permitting, I will also run other tourneys, but no guarentees

Anyone that can bring tvs, setups, and any games they want to use for casuals is free to do so, but if you are bringing something, please come earlier (2:30 - 3pm)

Hope to see you there

ps: if anyone can bring sf4, both the game and a system to play it on, I’ll try and hold a tourney for it.