Winter Gamefest 2011 - San Diego - Official Results & Shout Outs

Hello San Diego,

After all the smoke had cleared, we would like to thank everyone who made Winter Gamefest 2011 a success. With just less than a week for final preparation and 128 players participating in the singles tournament, this was by far the largest event The Box Arena had ever hosted. We hope everyone that played in last weekend?s battle had the best possible experience. With one power failure and hiccup on the stream, we managed to keep things running a full 100% with non-stop SSF4 action. Not only that, we finished the entire tournament in under 5 ½ with extra time to spare. Be sure to head over to our Youtube Ch. for the Top 8 Playlist. And if you want to check the entire event, Justin.TV has Archived the program.

Shout Outs

@ Andrew Wu ? Thank You for being professional and making sure we gave the fighting game community everything we needed. To be responsible for the entire event, you never had a worried look. Until next time.

@ Josh ? If it wasn?t for you, main stage would not be possible. To have SSF4 on the big screen for the entire event was insane.

@ Sid ? If we needed it we got it. Much appreciated.

@ Tech Committee ? You guys are truly gangstas. You guys rock.

@ Hunebee ? Ensuring that every detail was taken into great consideration. Every plan executed down to the T. What would we do with you?

@ Kuizzy Ef Baby ? Hi Chu?s is like CRACK!!! Good looks on all the preparations and recommendations on everything.

@ Natmecha - The biggest stream monster. From designing beautiful overlays to high quality programming, You always hold it down.

@ Steinmaina ? I know you didn?t get to play, but you kept the stream monsters entertained all day. Good stuff.

@. Deci ? Seeding and making the bracket must have been fun. But the high level technical commentary was indeed perfect.

@ Calm Warrior ? Thanks dogg. Holding down your pool, playing, and eating chicken all at the same time. Mutitaskin’ ass nukka.

@ Sann Sann ? My liaison. From the events inception to reality. A Job well done.

@ Mark Man ? Phil?s BBQ was bomb. Thanks again for all the support you have given us and the community. You are truly the man with the master plan.

@ UCSD ? Wow you guys came out in full force. Y’All came soo deep. Hopefully we get to see players come out to more tourneys.

@ SD ? I glad you guys came out and represented. I was indeed proud.

@ Joon The Baboon ? You Ken is stoopid good. . Sorry Couldn?t hook you up earlier. Thanks for coming down to battle against SD.

@ Floe ? Glad you made to trip to SD. Hope to see you soon on the WC.

@ Warren ? Good times. ? Hopefully we will get some games in the future.

@ Marn ? Your are always entertaining. Hope SD showed you a good time.

@ AlexMan & Viscant ? You guys always end in up in Grand Finals as it should be. Thanks again for protecting Homecourt.

@ Combusted & Tswizzle ? WGF 2011 ? MVP?s

Final Top 8 - Offical Results

1: VISCANT
2: ALEXMAN
3: MARN
4: JOON THE BABOON
5: CHRIS KING
5: FUTILE
7: COMBOBUSTED
7: YEB

Official Pool Results

Pool A

1: VISCANT
2: YEB
3: MR CERTIFIED
4: FLOE
5: NARMO
5: ANDSLAYERS
7: ARK IMPULSE
7: JOKERSSS
9: I CROSS J
9: NEEN
9: NEO
9: BEELEE BAALA
13: MK
13: PHIL-TIME
13: KARL NANDER
13: MR BOB DOBALINA
17: MGALVEZ
17: ENOCK SLEEPS
17: KOYUNIA
17: LR
17: YARLY
17: DRAGON SHARP
17: GIGA
17: GLAM 621
25: HARP69
25: SAMMY HIME
25: DAICA 86
25: KYLE F
25: KAMAQ
25: NEA
25: AZZOMG
25: VSIN

Pool B

1: MARN
2: JOON THE BABOON
3: REPULSE
4: TSWIZZLE
5: LOTUS
5: TPLG
7: SIMON KIM
7: RICE SURRENDORS
9: FINAL AURA
9: FRED
9: BLACK CYCLONE
9: ILYA
13: PAPASHANO
13: LEO
13: PATRICK
13: SJ DEUCES
17: BRYAN NAVARRO
17: SLEEPYKID
17: SAICHAMO666
17: SLAPPYSLAPS
17: I4
17: SHAKE IT UP
17: EMBRACE
17: COMBATICUS
25: JESUS LEDERMAN
25: OPTIMUS
25: NOODLIZZ
25: LURN
25: RAOUL
25: ROBERT SNOW
25: KING FAP
25: HALL

Pool C

1: ALEX MAN
2: AFROBUSTED
3: TONG
4: RENSO
5: WARREN
5: DINN
7: MAKU
7: DMRHYTHM
9: SKOOT
9: UNDERWING
9: KEN
9: DELUX
13: DUHANYOHO
13: AARON COSTA
13: XERYM
13: THRILLINON
17: GUNGRAVEZERO
17: DROCK
17: NICOMYCOUSIN
17: ISHJOEBOI
17: JUN KIM CHI
17: GODRIC
17: YARLY
17: ALLEN LIANG
25: WHO ME WHO YOU!
25: CAMAMAN
25: BRANGONE
25: JIGGY
25: BIONIC SHEEP
25: ANNIE LAM
25: LEGEND
25: MIKE LA

Pool D

1: FUTILE
2: CHRIS KING
3: PNOY
4: KEN I
5: WATTS
5: VESERIUS
7: ZIMBABWE CHAMP
7: DREAD DRAGON
9: LHG
9: GAMMY NUM NUMS
9: JON-KUN
9: DUKE
13: JFLO
13: PSYCH 09
13: LVL 2 PIDEY
13: PIMPBOT
17: SPICY PETE
17: NO50
17: SAYIDA
17: CHRIS LIONHEART
17: USER7
17: SAIXATRON
17: TLOC
17: MASHEVELI
25: BROKEN STARS
25: AGOBALOZ
25: TANYA VO
25: CALL2ARMS
25: GUNSLIKETHESE
25: ZEROKOOL
25: RIGHT
25: KINKER

GGs to everyone I played and met :smokin: . Kinda sucked I only lost to SD players >:(!

@Alex & Viscant: :pray:

@Chris King: :chainsaw:

@The Box Arena: :clapdos: Great event.

P.S. Even though I lost 3 times on stream :blah:, it gave me alot of material to watch/study.

I had a lot of fun at this and I didn’t realize I did quite that well.

Won both my matches on stream, got free stuff, and got to meet some interesting people. Overall a very good day.

I’ll be sure to come down again for another Box Arena event.

Im so happy to see viscant getting 1st. I <3 him

Every time Viscant wins, somewhere in the world, babies smile, angels get their wings, and rapists get kicked in the balls. All is right in the world once again.

Viscant must have mashed like he’s never mashed before.

Gratz!!!