Wired Arcade stick for both consoles?

I’ve purchased an TE Stick for the xbox 360, I might enter tournaments and I wanted to know if the arcade stick will work on the PS3. Please help

Thanks

No…you’ll have to mod the stick to work on both systems.

There’s a TE stick for each console…that’s a clue that it can’t be used on both systems out the box.

Check Tech Talk for some modding tips.

You could have bought the Qanba Q4 3-in-1. They can be used on 360s, PS3s and PCs.

I myself have the Qanba Q4RAF, it’s a dual-modded stick out the box, and costs as much as a TE would. I love it to death. There’s also the Eightarc sticks, but as far as I can tell, they just seem like re-badged Qanbas.

Yeah Qanba “3-in-1”, right - every 360 and PS3 controller also works on a PC, just throwing out there for future reference. In that case MadCatz should call both of their sticks “2-in-1”

Since you started with a 360 stick it’s going to be easier to dualmod than PS3, you’re lucky

I’d suggest taking a look at the Kitty kit - I just installed mine yesterday, and the process was pretty straightforward. It requires a few tools that not everyone will have (fairly small screwdrivers, allen wrenches. :stuck_out_tongue: ) and the ability to strip the insulation off a wire, but overall, it doesn’t get much easier. The alternative is to find someone to do the mod for you.

Or return you TE and get one of the Qanba sticks or something similar.

Actually I’ve heard it’s the opposite.

Check out Gummowned’s thread in Tech Talk. I’ve been wanting to get him to mod my HRAP3SA for awhile though I haven’t had the cash, but his rates are pretty fair and the turnaround time is pretty quick. Check him out.

Nope. To add PS3 compatibility to a 360 TEstick, it’s usually as simple as adding a Kitty board, which is really, really easy. To add 360 compatibility to a PS3 stick, you’ll end up having to solder in a separate 360 PCB.

Reaaaaalllly? Interesting. Now that I think of it, I think I was checking into dual modding a PS3 stick to work with PS2 so it would make sense that that a PS2/PS3 combo stick would be easier than a 360/PS2. I’ll have to head back to Tech Talk, it’s been awhile since I was in there.