Wireless PS3 and XBOX 360

so i hacked a wireless ps3 pad in a joystick and i would like to add a wireless xbox 360 to it (so i dont have to have 2 joysticks laying around)…

i got a black 360 pad, which i believe is the single ground…

it is my understanding that you cant just attach both pads to the buttons and joystick, cause there will be issues with the signal going through the other pad, causeing lag…

i would like to have two different button (PS and “x”) to turn them on…

i thought i remember there being a tutorial on this, but i searched all over and couldnt find one…

any help?

Read the whole thread here.

That thread wont work for this… The Wireless 360 controller does not have a universal ground; so hooking it to the Wireless PS3 controller that DOES have a universal ground would cause a massive bridge.

The redesigned wireless pads have a common ground. I’m looking for a picture of the pads now. I’m pretty sure the halo 3 pad is common ground. Pez just grab a multimeter and check to make sure your pad is common ground.

i have the same pad as teh guy here, which i believe is the universal ground…

i actually read all of that thread and didnt see anything specifically involving the ps3 and 360…

unfortunatly, i am not good enough at this stuff to understand applications for other items and change them to my circumstance…

so for the ps3, there are three grounds (directional, st/sel, and buttons)…since i want two different nav buttons (ps and ‘X’) i dont think i have to worry about those…i am trying to get a away from using a switch, but i guess if i have to, i will…what ever is easiest

upon further inspection, it is NOT a common ground…what does that change?

The controller I used in my thread is a common ground controller. All the new 360 PCB’s are CG.

Don’t know about the PS3 pads though.

I can’t see why you can’t have two PCB’s in the one stick. If you want to be safe, you could wire up a switch to change between the two - Have it only connected to the button that actually turns the pad on (eg Guide button). Just make sure you turn it off again before switching to the other controller. Then have all the other wires from the stick/buttons go to their respective places on each PCB directly.

Thats the problem, apparently when you set it up right, and press the Guide/PS button, the other console would turn on as well.

that would be why i would have seperate guide buttons, with seperate charging ports…

HOWEVER, i found this, where toodles diagramed how to get a multi gnd controler into a single…

i didnt understand any of it, and i im not really inclined to figure it out…

so i am just going to make another stick…

i have the xbox pcd wired up most of teh way…i just have to find the trigger soldier points and i will be all ready to make another stick…SCIV, here i come