Wiring to the TE Turbo Panel with a PS360+

hey, I’ve searched fruitlessly for a couple of hours and I can’t find any information on this.

I’m modding a madcatz 360 VS with a PS360+, I’ve already got the basic stuff working (punches, kicks, start/back, joystick, headset) but I’d like it to be as complete as possible. I’d like to get the player LEDs working and I would especially like to get the start/back/guide lock switch working (I believe this has to do with the kgnd) as well as the xbox guide button.

There are two 6 pin connectors (CN5 and CN6) and one 7 pin connector (CN4).

CN5:
R Stick
L Stick
D11LT
D12RT
D7A
D14RB

CN4:
D13LB
D10Y
D9X
D8B
Turbo
XGUILD
KGND

CN6:
USBVCC
GND
D3
D4
D5
D6

Now I’m guessing that all these D labelled ones are something to do with turbo, that xguild is the home button. Is D3/D4/D5/D6 the xbox player LED?

Has anyone figured it all out? I’m just guessing that CN5 is the player LEDs and I’m also guessing that to get the switch to work I need to connect the kgnd from the button distribution and that xguild should just go to the home/guide. Notice that these are all guesses, I’m sure someone here has done something like this before!

Thanks for all the help guys! (…)

I’m a nice guy so here’s the reference:

Cut CN5, useless

From CN4 you need the XGuild and KGround

From CN6 you need all of them.

Xguild is the home button, connect as per usual.

Kgnd needs to be connected to the Kgnd from the button distribution (basically this connects to the 2 way switch, unlock connects it to ground and lock connects it to nothing).

Connect USBVCC to your VCC, D3, D4, D5, D6 are you P1,2,3,4 lights respectively, hook them up to the connector either by soldering or joining the wires from the harness.

Obv connect GND to any of the GND points.

That’s it, the xbox “ring of light” will light up according to 1p/2p/3p/4p and the start/select/guide lock switch will work!

If I had seen this thread earlier, I would have just told you…
I had some experiments with the top turbo boards a 2 weeks ago to adhoc a V3 SA pcb into a mcz brawlstick and have all of the top panel functionality less turbo.

Hey Plasia - any chance you have a diagram of how to wire these bad boys up? I’m still strugling with mine and like you am having trouble finding any info.

did you wire them to the external LED source?

This was using the PS360+ to wire them to the turbo panel LEDs

Basically have a look at CN6

PS360 | CN6
VCC | USBVCC
P1 | D3
P2 | D4
P3 | D5
P4 | D6

What I would do is snip the wires from CN6 one by one and then label them with masking tape or whatever, then attach to your ps360+ or whatever you are using

did you wire it to the harness area (1.)
or
the player LED connectors (2.)?

The LED Hookup

iirc you need to either bridge or debridge a jumper (LED JP1), consult the PS360+ documentation to make sure

Where is Kgnd exactly? I don’t see it. Here’s what I have:

CN4
XGUILD
TURBO
D8B
D9X
D10Y
D13LB

CN5
D14RB
D7A
D12RT
D11LT
L STICK
R STICK

CN6
USBVCC
GND
D3
D4
D5
D6

The only Ground I see is on CN6.

Thanks!

Does your switch disable start and select? test it

Worked by connecting ground to GND on CN6. Guide button is fully working and lights up on 360 & PS3.

Thanks!

<p>When I wire my xguild wire into the ps360+ and leave cn6 unconnected, the guide button does not work.  I am planning to do the soldering for the player  LEDs later, but wanted to check functionality.  Do I need the CN6 gnd for the guide button to work?</p>

I don’t understand how to make the guide button panel to work. I’ve got the basic functionality working, but confused on how to connect to the VCC p1 p2 p3 p4 LED Hookup since the number of pins don’t match. If I cut them off the original harness of the TE stick, how would I connect them to the harness holder? Do I need to buy I specific harness to fit or just solder them to each of the pins sticking up from the PCB on the P1-4 hookup?

@kanti‌

D3 to D6 are your LEDs.

You can either pop them out of the JST connector and buy a 5pin one (I think it’s a JST-SH? not sure) and input VCC d3 - d6 and put them in that connector, or you could buy the PS360+ JST harnesses and solder directly to VCC and D3-D6 on the guide panel. I just left the jst connector in the guide panel and soldered vcc and d3-d6 directly to the bottom of the PS360+.

I have searched all over trying to figure out the last of this question, surprised this is not answered full

So far this has been gathered:

CN5:
D14RB ---- Turbo LED Right Button
D7A — Turbo LED A button
D12RT — Turbo LED Right Trigger
D11LT — Turbo LED Left Trigger
L Stick — Left Stick Switch
R Stick — Right Stick switch

CN4:
KGND — Lock
XGUILD — Home
Turbo — Turbo
D8B
D9X
D10Y
D13LB

CN6:
USBVCC — USB VCC
GND — GND
D3 — P1 LED
D4 — P2 LED
D5 — P3 LED
D6 — P4 LED

Does anyone know what the remainder connections on CN4 are?

CN4:
D8B
D9X
D10Y
D13LB

I know that those are not used when installing a Brook or PS360+ board but would be useful to know what they are.