World Game Cup 2010

World Game Cup 2010
3rd edition - Palais des Festivals at Cannes, France

The World Game Cup is back !
1st edition, 2004 : American players win (vs France in finals) what was the biggest Soul Calibur event ever held
2nd edition, 2006 : Japanese players win most trophies
Who will win 3rd edition ?!

CONCEPT

The World Game Cup’s goal is to bring together the best fighting game players during 5 days. It is held in the renowned Palais des Festivals at Cannes, during the “Festival International des Jeux” (international games festival). This event will feature solo tournaments, team tournaments, and exhibitions matches. As it is also intended to be a show, all events will be viewable - for free - by the audience.

The World Game Cup will hold several “open” tournaments : any fighting game player can attend without prior qualification.

DATE & LOCATION

From Wednesday March 3th 2010 to Sunday the 7th
Palais des Festivals, Cannes, France

TOURNAMENT LIST

The World Game Cup is made of two parts :

• The “Main Event”, international, which will be the major feature of this competition
  • Smaller, minor tournaments

General schedule of the World Game Cup 2010

This schedule informs you about all tournaments in this event. It is a definitive one for the tournaments of the Main Event but isnt for the aside tournaments
As you can see, some of the aside tournaments are on the same game of the Main event the preceding days: theyre not part of the main event theyre just training tournaments

Notes:

• every tournaments are solo tournaments
  • only the main event tournaments are endowed with cash prices
  • the world team cup of Soulcalibur 4 is an exhibition independent from the main event with its own grant
  • all the king of fighters tournaments are organised on arcade cabinet

Wednesday 3rd march 2010:

Aside tournaments:
Soulcalibur 4
Street fighter 4
Hokuto no ken
Super street fighter 2 hd remix
King of fighters 98

Thursday 4th march 2010:

Aside tournaments:

• Soulcalibur IV Team 3vs3
  • Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
  • Street Fighter IV
  • Capcom vs SNK 2
  • Tekken VI 3vs3
  • The King Of Fighters XI

Friday 5th march 2010:

Main event tournament:

• Soulcalibur IV Team 5vs5
  • Street Fighter III Third Strike - Team 3vs3

Aside tournaments:

• BlazBlue
  • The King Of Fighters XII

Saturday 6th march 2010:

Special Event:

• Soulcalibur IV World Team Cup

Main Event tournaments:

• Soulcalibur IV Solo Part 1 qualification
  • The King Of Fighters 2002 UM Part 1 qualification
  • Tekken VI Solo
  • Guilty Gear XX Accent Core 3vs3

Sunday 7th march 2010:

Main Event tournaments:

• Soulcalibur IV Solo Part 2 winner looser brackets
  • The King Of Fighters 2002 UM Part 2 winner brackets
  • Street Fighter IV 2vs2

REGISTRATION AND PRIZE MONEY

You can register on the website (open in November 2009), or directly at the event. We recommend online as there might not be enough openings on the spot.

Only the “Main Event” tournaments will have a cash prize. 100% of the subscription fees will go to the pot, bringing the total amount to over 10.000 *

EXTRA INFORMATION

Our sponsors, cash prizes dispatching, schedule, rules and registration process will all be put up on our website in November 2009

While waiting you can visit the Gnouz Corporation website (French) :

Topic about the event :
viewforum.php?f=195

• estimated cash prize - we believe it to be pretty accurate, but the exact amount will depend on the number of attending players

to Check the Registration List

http://www.worldgamecup.com/register/register_list.php?tournoi=0

This isn’t actually 10,000
Be clear, or you might get a bad name

There’s is around 10,000 spread across THE ENTIRE EVENT based on HOW MANY PEOPLE THEY GET.

There is NO guaranteed money.

Its sure that it’s not garanted 10000 euros, but it 'll be very close to it (coz it will be a big event).

for example: Street fighter 4 ( the single tourny ! , because we have single and team tourny) will be aroud 3840 euros = 5000-6000 dollars.

now the big info of the day

DAIGO , DESORA, FUUDO AND EITA will be there!

so now we are waiting for us champions…

Why is seth banned? There’s been no evidence over the thousands of tournaments that have been run since SF4’s relase that he is anything even close to overpowered.

Apparently WGC is run out of France, and he has some stigma in the French SF community where they think he’s banworthy.

I read that on the SF4 forum a couple weeks ago, someone asked when WGC’s lineup was first posted.

will there be a live stream or match recordings?

Hey hey.

I’m looking to going to the event but I have no buddies with me. Anyone going to event want to meet up in Cannes and maybe rent one of those 4-man rooms they advertise?

World Game Cup in on in Cannes this week and Ireland are sending a 14 man contingent.

So keep a look out for us.

Looks like it will be epic.

No more infos about US fighters :confused:

Damn, 347 people have either registered or pre-registered. If not for that cap, this would have to be the 2nd biggest SF4 tourney outside of Evo if all those guys actually showed. But anyways with only 256 allowed to enter I’d hurry up and make sure I’m in because it looks to risky to continue waiting since there are a lot more people interested in joining then there are the number of slots open for the players. Anyways this tourney is chocked full of elite talent from everywhere, even more so then last years Evo IMO so I can’t wait to see the results. Although I’d love to watch it if possible.

questions still stands :slight_smile:

I’m one of the Irish contingent heading to this tomorrow.

Can’t wait. Just hope to get out of the first round into top 64 and then see what happens from there.

I second this question.

3rd >.>

They are progressively uploading some of them. First in the page is daigo vs eita (GO). Level is very high between those two, which is not necessarily the case with the other ones.