Wow, SNK needs to stick to one way of releasing games

Okay, so 2 weeks ago, Samuari Showdown, appeared on Wii’s VC for $9. the problem is, on July 8th SNK Arcade Classics: Volume 1 comes out out on disc for $29.99

It features the following games: Art of Fighting, Baseball Stars 2, Burning Fight, Fatal Fury, King of Fighters '94, King of The Monsters, Last Resort, Magician Lord, Metal Slug, Neo Turf Masters, Samuari Showdown, Sengoku, Shock Troopers, Super Sidekicks 3, Top Hunter, & World Heroes.

I already own Metal Slug, from Metal Slug Anthology, and King of Fighters '94 on Virtual Console.

So yea, the other games on the disc, im just wondering, are they worth the $20+ dollars? and just to clarify, there will be no online play on the disc as well.

I have heard SamSho is best in the 2nd version, so should i just wait for SamSho Anthology Collection this winter or that Virtual Console release? :confused:

they (and everybody else) should stop releasing games without 480p.
I heard that KOF 98 re-bout does have a 480p option!
All Dreamcast games had 480p in 1998 and that was a decade ago.

well first of all, virtual console and an anthology are completely different. One is for a lackluster system which has online download capabilities, and the other is in a tangible format. If SNK really plans to bring out older games, it wouldnt make sense for them to NOT bring it out in anthology format for the PS2, its a way to appeal to a broader audience. VC works cause you can select and choose games, $8 dvd games arent gonna be released.

There are “ways” of trying these games out. I can’t help hook you up or anything of the like since that’s against the rules, but I’m just saying you may want to see for yourself if they are worth the investment.

Personally I would say it wasn’t, it’s cloooose, but not quite in my book.

The games on Wii VC are the SNES versions so don’t bother

I don’t recall there ever being SNES versions of KOF 94 or Metal Slug.

SamSho is the NeoGeo version of the game.

wii VC has neogeo polarity

Wii sucks.

Not buying any more SNK games, or any other fighters, unless they include online play. With this generation of fighters it’s a must to include online play.

i read some where on this forum that the snk arcade classics game are poorly emulated. i guess the vc download would be a better choice. or buying samurai showdown anthology when its released

KOF XI has 480p. NGBC has 480p. Ultimate Match has 480p.

But if they are going to handle the US version the same way they handled KOF XI and NGBC, then the US version will not have 480p.

dandy j told me they were the snes versions so blame him.