WTS: Custom Blank Cases Sanwa/Happ/Seimitsu

Not realizing the size difference and mounting location differences between US / Japanese Aracade sticks. I’ve recently placed an order for Sanwa & Seimitsu Parts. at the current moment I cannot Manufacture Japanese boxes yet. Just because I do not have the parts to create a prototype.

Prices for the blank boxes are as follows:
White: $80 + $10 Shipping
Clear: $105 + $10 shipping
Black: $120 + $10 Shipping
Metal: TBD

Price difference for colors is because of my supplier. For some reason Black ABS plastic cost more than white ABS plastic. Their excuse is becuase its anextra process to dye the plastic.

Shipping will be by USPS Priority mail for the 48 states.

In order for this to be beneficial for all, the more that i can manufacture at one time the less costly it will be for EVERYONE. I’m usre everyone understands this concept.

**Before Getting ahead of myself I do want to get approval from the Mods bfore this thead gets deleted or locked. **

**My contact information:
Nam Tran
email: nhtran328@yahoo.com
AIM & Yahoo: nhtran328
Phone #: Ping me directly and I can give you my # if you want to talk to me.

It’s in m hopes to provide full transparency of my business and intentions, so if you have any questions feel free to post it here s others can read my response too.
Hello All,

Just thought I’d start offering my services of building blanks.

2 key items that differentiates me from the rest for now is that:
[LIST=1]
[]Delivery Time: 1.5 - 2 weeks MAX
[
]Material: Plastic / Metal / Acrylic
[/LIST]

My family owns a machine shop so everything is Machined via a CNC System. Everything is precision cut and all blank cases manufactured are exact to specs.

At the current moment because I was creating some prototypes I have a total of 5Clear Cases Available to sell immediately. (2) ? US/Happ 6 Button Layout & (3) ? US/Happ 8 Button Layout

Detail of the box

**Weight Case Only: **8.5 lbs It is heavy enough to not slip out of your lap or move away from you if you are playing on the table.

Dimensions: 10?W x 14?L x 3.5?H

# of Top Buttons: 6 or 8

Type of Button Layout: US or Japanese Only

**Case Color: **White, Black, or Clear

Designed & manufactured with the ability to put your own custom graphic in.

**Assembly is really easy and fool proof.**Parts:
Top Plate
Bottom Plate
Left Side
Right Side
Top Side
Bottom Side
(10) ? Flat Head Phillips Screws (Bottom Plate)
(10) ? ? Flat Head Phillips Screws (Top Plate)
(4) ? 1? Flat Head Phillips Screws (Happ Joystick)
(4) ? Screw Nuts (Happ Joystick)

Look at the pictures
Parts:

Top Plate 6 Button / HAPP / US

Bottom Plate

Top Side

Bottom Side

Left Side

Right Side

Assembling is like connecting to Lego pieces together:

• (Put the Top plate on and then put the ? screws into the holes. Make sure to not overtighten)

End Result:

All screws are flush mounted. Notice the step Bezel & the subtle design of the case.

Photo Album

If you are interested please respond and let me know the style in this format:
**Color: **Clear/White/Black
**Button Type: **Happ/Sanwa/Seimitsu
# of Top Buttons: 6 or 8
**Box Type: ** US or Japanese
**Button Layout: **Straight or Curved

hey i was wondering if you have anypics or how the white or black plexi would look like, just like a sheet would be ok, just curious for how the plexi itself looks like. thanks

I really like your work and I could be very interested depending on the price of it.

I didn’t see any prices on listed. Also, is the option for japanese style still 3.5" high? That’s a bit excessive for sanwa parts.

Would be nice if you could make some side panels that are around 2.25" high, would be super sleek. Let me know if that could be arranged. Thanks

Interested:
Color: Not Sure (I like the clear, but we haven’t been shown a sample of white or black)
Button Type: Sanwa

of Top Buttons: 6

Box Type: Japanese (refer to the question of the height)
Button Layout: Curved

dude you know you are not allowed to sell here, cool cases if you had a sanwa stick layout. I have a friend who would want one right now

I would also be interested if you can make a japanese style that is shorter in height (around 2.25" high like mentioned by glory) and in black.

If you can do this, please let me know.

You didn’t post a price but it really doesnt matter cuz you’re not allowed to sell here…Pretty cool work though…You might be able to get away with a trade though…

I’m interested, but price would be nice to know :smiley:

I’m Confused… why can;t I sell here? Do i need to be a premium member? What rules or criteria do i need to meet in order to sell?

Thanks

Yea for the Japanese version I’m going to have to design a slightly different box as I wasn;t aware that the buttons were shorter.

I’m ordering some Sanwa & Seimitsu parts now. Once i receive them then I can create a prototype.

Yes - I’ll take some photos and upload.

In an interest to adhere to all rules. Let me find out what i must meet first in order to sell. I don;t want to be in any violation and have my rights suspended…

‘09 members aren’t allowed to sell, because it is far too easy to make a brand new account, pretend to sell something you don’t own, and run off with other peoples’ money. Getting Premium wouldn’t help as it only costs $3 to get premium, much much less than what could be made by scamming people. :v

Which is a damn shame, because these cases are hot fire. I look forward to seeing the Japanese version.

Very nice looking cases you got there. I’d pick one up in a heartbeat if it wasn’t for the 6months+100 posts rule imposed on us 2009 members.

Trading Outlet Rules
Scroll down a bit and you should see the 09 specific rules.

Damn… If a moderator is monitoring this thread… Any way I can provide you with a business license or some sort to show I’m legit.

Or perhaps have some members meet me at my family’s shop so they can vouch that I’m not going to be going anywhere anytime soon?
WIth members vouching for my business I’d assume it would be safe for people to understand that I can;t just pick up and go anywhere…

Just keep doing what you’re doing and sell me one. If it’s a reasonable price I’ll take a chance on you.

When I get it I’ll leave feedback so that people will know you’re legit. I know the rules should be enforced, but for a situation where someone is bringing something new to the table, it would be a shame to not allow him to do some trade skill work here.

I sent you a PM last night, go check it out.

Unfortunately, I think the rules state that '09 members can’t sell. I know some people have talked to MrWiz or another mod and made an exception though. I hope that applies to you, looks like some nice cases, good job.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=164983

I’m with gl0ry though, would love to see a jap version box, I’d definitely be in for one of those. And some pics of the black/white boxes. And metal boxes!

Edit: Thanks

beautiful case man, im interested

Not realizing the size difference and mounting location differences between US / Japanese Aracade sticks. I’ve recently placed an order for Sanwa & Seimitsu Parts. at the current moment I cannot Manufacture Japanese boxes yet. Just because I do not have the parts to create a prototype.

Prices for the blank boxes are as follows:
White: $80 + $10 Shipping
Clear: $105 + $10 shipping
Black: $120 + $10 Shipping
Metal: TBD

Price difference for colors is because of my supplier. For some reason Black ABS plastic cost more than white ABS plastic. Their excuse is becuase its anextra process to dye the plastic.

Shipping will be by USPS Priority mail for the 48 states.

In order for this to be beneficial for all, the more that i can manufacture at one time the less costly it will be for EVERYONE. I’m usre everyone understands this concept.

**Before Getting ahead of myself I do want to get approval from the Mods bfore this thead gets deleted or locked. **

The price of the white and clear is pretty fair… clear being borderline though. Black being 120 dollars before shipping I think is a little too much. I guess I would have to see samples to have further comments on it, but in the end it is your business and you can sell it for whatever price you desire.

In my opinion, I don’t think blanks cases should ever be much more than 100 dollars (exotic clear-coated hardwood being somewhat of an exception). TE sticks set a standard at 150 dollars retail, and the SE sticks for 80 dollars. I know you can use all the supply and demand replies as much as you want, but in the end we’re talking about blank cases here. We still have to purchase buttons, sticks, and pcbs. The project is going to come out to double the price of a TE stick.

Anyways that’s my opinion. If you’re able to keep all cases at 100 dollars or less, then the demand for your sales will probably be much higher.

I hope a moderator will give you the thumbs up on your business ventures here.

Much appreciated for your feedback. I too agree with you, ideally i’d lke to help the community out by offering a lower an faster alternative. But the prices that are currently being asked is because of price differences in material. I’ve put out some quote request for other plastic suppliers so hopfully I’ll get some response soon.

I do appreciate your feedback. Constructive criticism is always welcomed.

For PM’s relating to height - I will look into reducing the height for the japanese sticks to be at a minimum and I will also look into sloped boxes as well.

Thank You

The thread will be re-openned when you have admin approval.