WTS: Poplar Joystick Cases from Purple Space Monkey ($24.95+)

*** The images which are hosted at Joystick Vault go down from time to time. If that is the case you can view them at Purple Space Monkey Thanks ***

Each case is made from high quality poplar with beautiful box cut corners rounded over and sanded to a fine finish (but not so much as to seal the grains). The dimensions are approximately 27 x 19.5 x 7 cm (10.6 x 7.7 x 2.8 in) with six holes cut for 30mm screw-in buttons and three 24mm buttons on the side. The top is clear acrylic. This case accommodates both Sanwa JLF-P1 and S mounting plates. I could go on but I’ll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

I am selling each case for $24.95 US plus shipping. Shipping fees will be the actual cost not some ridiculously inflated sum. I plan on using Canadapost.ca for shipping. For current pricing for a single case you can visit the site and enter the details to mail a package with length 30 cm, width 21 cm, height 13 cm and weight 3 Ibs from Toronto, Canada (postal M2N4K8) to your location. Note: The prices given on Canadapost are in Canadian dollars!

Canada Post

All payments must be made through paypal. The email tied to my paypal account is nhortness@hotmail.com Please send any inquiries to this address as well.

If you are interested in purchasing a box (or boxes) please send me an email or private message. Once I reply with the shipping costs you will have 48 hours to make your payment. I will post on this thread when all currently available boxes have been spoken for, so if you do not receive an email reply from me in a timely fashion please check back here first for any updates.
Blank Cases**

Please note: Joystick and buttons shown are not included. For all your parts and component needs, I highly recommend visiting Lizard Lick Amusements.

A Stick I Built Last Summer

http://joystickvault.com/data/500/medium/Finished_case_with_blog_address.jpg

http://joystickvault.com/data/500/medium/Finished_case_front_view.jpg

Note: I currently have no plans to produce 8-button sticks or make further modifications to the cases as they are already complete.

Thank you for fixing the pictures :slight_smile:

Joystick Vault must have been down when you were viewing.

any possibility on you adding a fourth hole for a neutrik usb adapter? is poplar the wood you use or do you make custom cases? and do you stain the case before shipping?

Any chance you can do local pick up? My postal code is M2N 5W8 so I’m assuming I’m not very far from you.

Price drop!

Cool design on the second stick. Are you an Alaskan Native?

No, I am Canadian, originally from Saskatchewan. I have always had a great appreciation for West Coast Native Art though I am Caucasian myself.

To Havitz: 3-day Fedex to your location would be $21.08 US.

hey nd3g, will snap-ins fit in the case?

Snap-ins may fit (though I have none to test with and did not take them into account when cutting the depths) but I do not think they would be ideal in any case since it is the buttons that keep the plastic surface on. Also, given that the top is MDF the snap in buttons may eventually become loose if they wear away any of the MDF.

Personally I would only use snap-ins for metal cases and possibly plastic.

Updated description and shipping details

Price Drop!

The images which are hosted on the Joystick Vault seem to go down from time to time. If that is the case please go to Purple Space Monkey to view them. Thanks