Thanks. From the very beginning I wanted to do away with the battery pack as it would never be used. To simplify the install I used the micro usb cable connector to plug directly to the xbox one pcb just to try and avoid any problems as this was the first time doing this mod.
I simply took all the xbox one signal wires and sodlered them directly to the madcatz 360 pcb and combined the V+ and G on both boards. I put both d+/d- lines from both pcbs to the DPDT slide switch so that way I only used the single USB cable for both pcbs.
I left the analogue sticks on the pcb and just hot glued them in place. Again, as this was the first time doing this mod I wanted to remove as many variables as possible. Now I know its a straight forward setup I might remove them on future mods. But to be honest there was plenty of space inside after snipping the grey plastic stick/pegs that I didn’t need to remove them in the first place.
Thanks for the advice Gahrling, on the next setups I will definitely go the IMPv2 route.