XCM XFPS Rateup Keyboard Adapter for PS3?

I’m trying to look for a way to play SSFIV on PS3 with a keyboard, because quite frankly I suck with both the controller and arcade sticks. I’m 10 times better with the keyboard though, from years of fighting games on Kawaks and MAME and nFBA. So I stumbled upon this little gadget:

XFPS Rateup adapter for PS 3

and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this little thing. All I’m worried about is input lag. I won’t really be using the mouse function because the only FPS I have is MW2 and I’m just fine with that on a controller. I really only want this thing for fighting games.

Well, the 360 version of the XFPS keyboard adapter supposedly sucks badly; lags and drops inputs, so I wouldn’t try it. If you scroll down a bit, you’ll see a nice thread about converters… http://shoryuken.com/f177/converter-compatibility-thread-181187/

Well, thanks for the link, but I searched the thread and I couldn’t actually find anything on using a keyboard with the PS3 :\

The thread does, on the other hand, note problems with the 360 version of the converter. I can’t see how the PS3 version would work better, as it’s of the same quality make.

Hmm… well people who reported problems seemed to have been using it to connect other controllers to it, but the one guy who mentioned using a keyboard with it said it worked great. Could I expect the same for PS3 maybe?

I can confirm that the xfps sniper pro for the 360 performs great when using a friends x-arcade controller via ps/2 keyboard connection. No lag and no miss inputs.

Hmm good news! I figure if I can get one more positive review of this thing used with a keyboard I will consider buying it. I’ve been stuck at 71 BP with Dudley for too long. :stuck_out_tongue:

Depending on your budget and capacities, you can padhack with a microcontroller and a PS2 keyboard.

Hitbox.

The Hitbox with a custom layout will probably be the most ideal lag free, best compatibility solution for you.