Yang Safe Jumps and Option Selects

yang

Just started messing around with Yang and I wanted to know what are some good safe jumps and option selects against certain things. I made this thread so it’ll be easier to find them.
Safe jumps for 4< frame reversals?
Option selects for back dashes, spinning bird kick, headbutt, etc?
Love to hear everyone’s thoughts.

[details=Spoiler]Useful OSes; Inputs Included

:joystick-down: :kick-light: , :joystick-down: :kick-light: :plus: :kick-hard:
Simple anti-backdash OS. If the first cr.lk hits (or is blocked), a second cr.lk will come out. If the first cr.lk whiffs (due to a backdash, for example), the cr.hk comes out (and tags said back-dash).

:joystick-down: :punch-medium: , :joystick-down-right: :joystick-right: :joystick-down: :joystick-down-right: :joystick-right: :kick_3x:
Same idea; this time with a meaty cr.mp (but you could use whatever normal you want). Knock your opponent down and shove in this input. If the opponent doesn’t block, they get hit by cr.mp, then a s.lk. If they jump, meaty cr.mp tags them. If they block, they block a cr.mp, then a s.lk. If the backdash, the cr.mp whiffs and ultra 2 hits them.

:kick-light: :joystick-down: :joystick-down-right: :joystick-right: :punch-light:
s.lk OS lp rekka. If the s.lk hits, the rekka comes out. Otherwise it doesn’t. Good for footsies when you might catch an odd limb.

:joystick-down: :kick-light: [slight pause] :joystick-right: :joystick-down: :joystick-down-right: :kick_2x: , :punch-medium:
cr.lk OS EX roll kick. This actually works REALLY well against Rose, Viper, Dee Jay, Gen, and a few others. The s.mp at the end isn’t needed, but cr.lk, cl.mp is a good frame trap, so might as well. (HAV’s words:) The idea here is that you want to input the special during the small window of time when your Low Short is hitting, but after the cancel window. You don’t want to cancel into the kicks, so you have to delay it, but you don’t want to do it so slow that you’re fully recovered from the Short, and Senkyutai will come out anyway. This is assuming you draw contact with the Short. Obviously if you don’t, there won’t be any hit pause, the Short will end quicker and that window you were aiming for will have happened after the Short recovers, so you get the move. OS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz4QHNC4dOo&feature=player_embedded

:joystick-up-right: :punch-hard: :joystick-right: :joystick-down: :joystick-down-right: :kick-light:
Jump in OS DP. If I have to explain this, you probably don’t need to be lookin’ at this section; just check a shoto OS guide, same shit here.

Safe Jumps
Forward Throw ~ Take Two steps~ Jump Forward MK (4-Frame)
Forward Throw~ CR.MP~ Jump Forward FP (5-Frame)
Cross UPForward Throw~ Dash Forward~ Wait like 1/4 of a Second~ Jump Forward MK (Makes all DPs whiff even if done on reversal or late. Doesn’t work on Chun-Li, Guy, Makoto, Deejay, C.Viper, Blanka, Vega, and Akuma)
Sweep from sweep distance ~ Take half a step back~ Jump Forward MP (4-Frame)
Cross UpCl.MK ~ Forward Dash~ Sweep~ Whiff St.LP~ Jump Forward MK (Makes all DPs whiff/Stuff even if done on reversal or late. Doesn’t work on Chun-Li, Makoto, Deejay, Blanka, ZangiefMust do Lariat Asap)

Useful Character Specific Set-Ups
Non-full animation U2 in the corner, let the opponent land. Then do a mp rekka, lp rekka. Immediately jump afterwards and do a j+mk (will look like it cross-ups). Can follow up with a OS LK roll kick to catch jumpers (neutral, forward, or back). Unblockable set-up for Ibuki, Guile, Akuma, and Cody. Also good against Chun, Dhalsim, and Hakan (fake cross-up).

In the corner, forward throw, dash, immediately jump into j.mk. Can follow up with a OS LK roll kick to catch jumpers (neutral, forward, or back). Unblockable set-up for Ibuki, Guile, Akuma, and Cody. Also good against Chun, Dhalsim, and Hakan (fake cross-up).[/details]

Beyond that, consult the Yang Lab thread.

Thx for info, I was looking for some more safe jumps, the only I found/figure out was the fwd grab cr strng jmp fierce and a jmp forward after a spaced sweep… I think like 3-4 jabs?

Just go here:

Alright. Thanks guys. Really helpful.

I mentioned that.

[details=Spoiler]Safe Jumps
Forward Throw ~ Take Two steps~ Jump Forward MK (4-Frame)
Forward Throw~ CR.MP~ Jump Forward FP (5-Frame)
Cross UPForward Throw~ Dash Forward~ Wait like 1/4 of a Second~ Jump Forward MK (Makes all DPs whiff even if done on reversal or late. Doesn’t work on Chun-Li, Guy, Makoto, Deejay, C.Viper, Blanka, Vega, and Akuma)
Sweep from sweep distance ~ Take half a step back~ Jump Forward MP (4-Frame)
Cross UpCl.MK ~ Forward Dash~ Sweep~ Whiff St.LP~ Jump Forward MK (Makes all DPs whiff/Stuff even if done on reversal or late. Doesn’t work on Chun-Li, Makoto, Deejay, Blanka, ZangiefMust do Lariat Asap)[/details]