Year of Fighting Games?

Funny about last year (2008), how all the news of so many fighting games circulated, and it became the year of fighting games. But a lot of those games are coming out now, so now 2009 is the year of fighters. Comment if you like; just a random rant. Just glad these some of these games are finally coming out.

i like to comment. thanks for giving me this opportunity.

Not much of a rant. :frowning: Glad to see you’re glad… but rant better next time so I have something fun to read. :slight_smile:

According to the chinese zodiac its the sign of the wtf.

If the only fighting game released for the year was SFIV, it would’ve probably still been the “Year of the Fighters”.
To a lot of people, anyway. Being the first new Street Fighter in a decade and all.

1996 > 2009

it does seem like the early to mid 90’s all over again.

No fucking shit.

No, it would have been the year of fail.

I am glad though that the rest of the gaming community seems to have taken a interest in fighters again, but it seems the majority of the newcomers are just strictly “casual”. Which isn’t bad, but speaks volumes about one’s view on a title and its longevity.

So after everyone gets bored with SF4 (and they will) it remains to be seen whether they will stay, or move back on to whatever they played in other genres.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Year of the Fighting games needs to be added to the chinese zodiac

Funny about last year (2008), how all the news of so many fighting games circulated, and it became the year of fighting games. But a lot of those games are coming out now, so now 2009 is the year of fighters. Comment if you like; just a random rant. Just glad these some of these games are finally coming out.

I’ll say that when I got to the laundromat, and play good people in SFIV, Blaz Blu and any fighter. Or when their is an arcade every few miles or so. They’ll never be a decade like the 90s again. But there are a lot of people playing.

Yeah, they will get bored with it. So when SFIV ’ come out with improved graphics, more speed, and more balance, we’ll see it all over again. SFIV will probably last for the next 10 years like 3s did. Capcom only make a game once every 10 years, because people play Capcom games forever. See you in 10 years when tournaments in SFIV are still getting 50 entrants, and you’re in the corner playing Arcana Heart 16 with 6 entrants.

I was expecting a more elaborated post… not just… ."so this is the year… talk about it… bye"
So lame.

Aint no such thing till Rumble Fish 2 comes out.

Get at me.

Bah, I guess you misinterpreted my quotation marks :arazz:. Edited for hopefully less neg.

Years of fighting games…I don’t find this all that interesting though. The atmosphere feels mostly the same to me.

The fuck is wrong with you OP? How many fucking damn threads about FGs coming out do you plan to post? What the flying horseshit is wrong with you?!

With televisions on top of the cabinets so the crowd can watch.

Yeah, the 90’s will not be back.