1. Fireballs - Don’t be predictable with fireballs (basic, but is it?). Don’t just mix up the speeds and low / high. There’s much more to it than that. Throw out st. LP and various attacks. Keep them guessing when the fireball is coming.
2. Learn to kara specials. This is essential for punishes and catching your opponent off guard.
3. Learn some of Sagat’s blockstrings and good normals. I’ve seen many Sagats who are great zoners, but completely lost in close quarter combat. They pray a random tiger undercut or knee will land. People will get in on you. You need an answer.
4. Learn how to land deep tiger uppercuts on jump ins for optimal damage.
5. Meter Management - Full or almost full super meter means angry scar, especially if your opponent is across the screen. No reason to sit on a full super (especially if you’re opening the round with a lot of meter, stock up and see what they do in the opening second of the round). If you throw an ex fireball, don’t be random and must hope it lands. I’m guilty of this myself at times.