With this game officially announced, and therefore Namco’s own soon-to-be-announced variant of the crossover with their own gameplay, let’s discuss this.
Some stipulations to make the discussion interesting:
Teams will be comprised of two characters in Tekken Tag/MvC fashion to conform to what’s been presented in the Ryu/Chun-Li vs. Kazuya/Nina trailer. Members on a team will remain with a limit of two unless it is revealed later on that teams will be consist of three or more. The idea here is to explore potential crossover interaction. That said…
- No all-SF or all-Tekken teams, because they’re too boring.
- Give reasons as to why you think the two you choose would want to form a team.
Good rivalries, friendly or otherwise, between characters from different companies are about staging fights to determine who would win. Who the better of the two is is up in the air, and this is the very thing that makes crossover battles so intriguing. That said…
- Try to make your rivalries as evenly matched as possible. (Remember: Not having projectiles is no excuse for saying the Tekken characters suck. Chi DOES exist in their universe; it’s merely expressed in a more direct way.)
- List good parallels and contrasts to make each rivalry interesting.
- Explain why a fight between them is likely.
Most of the time, we’ll be giving feedback on our ideas and explaining to each other why certain ones are baseless, uneven, or bland.
Guess I’ll start it off with two:
Elena / Christie
Two fun-loving capoeira girls. Easy enough.
Ken vs. Paul
The respective rivals to Ryu and Kazuya. Both have an intense passion for fighting, and both are US Martial Arts champions. Who gets to keep the title will be decided between them.