"You're just gonna make it WORSE!" Feints, Shenanigans and Setups! (Updated 12JUN11)

el-fuerte

[media=youtube]zRP69t51QZY[/media]

Disclaimer: These are TRICKS and is NOTat ANY time a substitute for Fundamentals, Block Discipline, and Match-Up Knowledge. Use the following info at your own risk.

What Are Feints and Shenanigans?

Feint ?noun

1. a movement made in order to deceive an adversary; an attack aimed at one place or point merely as a distraction from the real place or point of attack

Shenanigans ? noun Informal

1. deceit; trickery.
  2. a mischievous or deceitful trick, practice, etc

Let’s cover some moves that are involved

Shower Kick ( F + MK):
AKA Corpse Hop is full of uses. It Hits overhead, it’s fast, combos to super, on Counter hit you can link into RSF, and when blocked it allows for the jab block string, Then there’s it’s wonky hit box and teleporting on some characters like Bison(dictator).

Sudden Stop (During Habanero Dash and Habanero Back Dash press LP):
Fuerte’s basic built-in feint. El Fuerte stops nigh-immediatley, it’s available from both Forward and Back Habanero Dashes. Useful for Feints, and is also part of RSF RScrMK and RSP.

Back Step (During Habanero Dash, press LK):
El Fuerte’s second basic, built-in feint does a back dash that goes back twcie as far as a normal back dash, it may lack the invincibility of regular back dash but it’s a very handy tool for a beginner, as it’s a good move to use as a stepping stone to learn how to buffer moves (Like Ultra 1)

Tostada Press (During Habanero Dash and Habanero Back Dash press MP): It has three basic uses you can splash in front, Cross up with it, or miss on purpose. distance controllable

Propeller Tortilla (During Habanero Back Dash press FP): This move has been nerfed a few times already sadly, it had it’s damage lowered, it’s grab range was lowered forcing you to be more accurate and lost it’s ability to interrupt the few uppercuts it could in super, and now in AE it has lost all it’s invincibility. But it still has it’s main uses and that’s Safe Tortilla Setups.

My Personal Cross Up Setup

After a Back throw, Far MK or Far HP , jump forward for crossup fierce.

General Feints and Shenanigans
Habanero Back Dash -> Sudden Stop -> Jump Forward ->Airthrow/jFP

After a knockdown close to the corner you can corpse hop them and then wall jump, breaking back charge twice. Good vs Charge characters. Just keep in mind they’ll likely still have their DOWN charge.

Intentionally miss tostada off the wall to go over them. (Suggested as a runaway tactic by Halcyonryu)

As opponent is knocked down, crHK, after they block, Throw them.

If they get wise to the throw game, you can use Close MK, it has air frames

Player Specific Shenanigans will be Linked/Posted below:

Densuo

[details=Spoiler]
~ After a Tortilla, shower kick once, the instant you see fuerte start moving forward Shower kick again. the first closes you in, the second will corpse hop, immediately crHK. (If you do not step forward that touch you will not
corpse hop. of course you can go ahead and do that later to throw them off…)

Note: You can do that small forward step before the first shower kick OR before the second one, but make sure you do it if you want the second to corpse hop.

~ After a knockdown with crHK, immediately corpse hop, then immediately crHK again. Corpse hop one more time, then do you after that second slide I’ve always gotten it blocked. :wink:

~ After a Knockdown with crHK, immediately corpse hop, then immediately crHK again. wait a touch, then crHK again (your slide will appear active, allowing you to block a baited DP or throw them) This is RISKY

~Knockdown jump over to wall jump back run whiff a pulled back tortilla. I find it great versus guiles and rogs. Sometimes Ill focus, neutral jump, whiff st mp, whiff target combo, random taunt. Do enough stupid things and rog will rush punch into a buffered Ultra. Priceless.

~3-4 cr hk knockdowns in a row then just walk up free throw or overhead. This works after a ex guac owns an uppercut and you still have meter.

the following is after a crHK Knockdown
CrHK -> corpse hop -> back run -> mixups
crHK -> corpse hop -> corpse hop -> slide
crHK -> walk forward -> corpse hop-> slide
crhk -> corpse hop -> lk guac -> back run -> mixup.
crhk -> corpse hop -> wait a bit-> shower kick -> clHP
crhk -> corpse hop -> wait a bit-> shower kick ->clLP crMK xx run mixup

crLP 2-3 times Shower kick crLP some more.

crLP until the next will whiff, throw crMK it will just barely miss, perfect for a frame trap. Gonna see how it goes with Far MK (Target combo chance?) and Far Mp [/details]

xsonic

[details=Spoiler]
after a successful tortilla: dash forward once, run back and immediately tortilla as far as you can in your opponent’s direction. you land on the other side, sets up for a perfectly timed f+mk.

note: does not work on everyone[/details]

ChuckBartowski

Spoiler

Corpse hop into cr. mk xx Supar, hit confirming sux
[/quote]

El_Twelve

[details=Spoiler]
-After knockdown, run forward, run backward, run forward, crossup Tostada/Fajita.
-Knockdown in corner, forward jump to walljump, backward jump to walljump, steer back, buffer ultra and see what happens.
-Knockdown, walk forward, run back, cancel, buffer ultra.
-Knockdown, do meaty cr hk too early, throw.
-Knockdown, forward run early so you’re in the animation for as long as possible, then backrun cancel just before he gets up.
-Knockdown, corpse hop with early max range Tostada, buffer Ultra.
-Knockdown, very late Fajita catches dashers in both directions.
-During footsies, dash forward, lk cancel.
-During footsies, dash back cancel, shower kick.
-Do run motions with standing lk to make them think you’re messing up your execution.
-Run towards fireball, cancel into vertical jump.
-Wall jump, steer back, EX run forwards.
-Use Tortilla steered back to hop over fireballs.
Whiff Guacamole from medium range, buffer ultra.(Only for Super, do not use in AE)[/details]

Backflip

[details=Spoiler]
Taunt 7 under fireballs to set up a guac.[/details]

Phrygian

[details=Spoiler]I’m a big fan of Ex-run cancel into grab and corpse hop into close-standing HK launch for guac.
I also like run-stop-ultra. :)[/details]

KumaOso

[details=Spoiler] My most used shenanigan as of late is back dash j.HP crossup and then do RSF to get them back down.
Corpse hop into Slide.
Run Stop LK Guac
Run back and forth in place. - This annoys people and it can give you enough options in some situations.
Short wall jump.[/details]

RICO! El Fuerte Fundamentals (cleaned up 09/05/12)
Did anyone find hidden buffs or nerfs while cooking in the kitchen?

Threads like these are confusing and unnecessary. :shake:

Sounds like you got baited already. That was quick. Lighten up for a change.

No point having rsf and other useful combos if you can’t get the openings for them.

personally i like having a gimmick or two up my sleeve so these do help. cool thread densuo.

Corpse hop into cr. mk xx Supar, hit confirming sux

Hi all!

Haven’t been on in ages since I’m too busy with my son.

I love my shenanigans, so here we go. All silly stuff.

After knockdown, run forward, run backward, run forward, crossup Tostada/Fajita.

Knockdown in corner, forward jump to walljump, backward jump to walljump, steer back, buffer ultra and see what happens.

Knockdown, walk forward, run back, cancel, buffer ultra.

Knockdown, do meaty cr hk too early, throw.

Knockdown, forward run early so you’re in the animation for as long as possible, then backrun cancel just before he gets up.

Knockdown, corpse hop with early max range Tostada, buffer Ultra.

Knockdown, very late Fajita catches dashers in both directions.

During footsies, dash forward, lk cancel.

During footsies, dash back cancel, shower kick.

Do run motions with standing lk to make them think you’re messing up your execution.

Run towards fireball, cancel into vertical jump.

Wall jump, steer back, EX run forwards.

Use Tortilla steered back to hop over fireballs.

Whiff Guacamole from medium range, buffer ultra.

Mexican jumping beans: after a knockdown I run forward stop and quickly crouch twice quickly

somethings you do I do as well lol.

Knockdown jump over to wall jump back run whiff a pulled back tortilla. I find it great versus guiles and rogs. Sometimes Ill focus, neutral jump, whiff st mp, whiff target combo, random taunt. Do enough stupid things and rog will rush punch into a buffered Ultra. Priceless.

It’s funny. Sometimes wasting an opportunity creates one. Go figure

Taunt 7 under fireballs to set up a guac.

Renversé frappé

I like to put a lot of pressure on my ennemies with Tostada press until they can block any crossing with it at every recover.

Time for a grab at that time… like an El Fuerte Ultra spark. Hanabero dash, lk cancel back dash into ELLLL FUERTTTE… ULTRA SPARK!

1. Hanabero dash backward, waiting for hanabero dash forward until a quarter of the screen, cancel into hanabero dash backward and so on and on… (good for waiting for a good attack opportunity like the end of a jump)

2. Hanabero dash backward, waiting for hanabero dash forward, transform into cancel and Ultra Spark

3. On knocked down opponents, landing a tostada press for a quick recovery and another one for a long recovery

4. After a Tortilla propeller and a fajita buster, a front dash to be in the right spot

5. Dashing backward and jumping backward until I get into the corner and waiting for a forward jump to flying Tostada punish

6. Taunt after Blanka Rolling Thunder Tostada crossing for dodging the Ultra

7. Hanabero dash, cancel lk, hanabero dash slide for teleportation

8. rolling kick guacamole leg drop

9. wall jump close without attack to trick enemies

After a qbomb that sends them flying or after a hard knockdown close to the wall I like to run forward and stop repeatedly.

But I generally sit still and block afterwards or run back picadillo /tortilla.

If they do bite alot. I’ll mix in stop crmk/shower kick/throw/ex guac.

I find the easiest shenanigan is to just make like sirlin and do the same thing twice maybe even thrice, before “letting them escape”, or doing something else.

I’m amazed sometimes when I score 3-4 cr hk in a row then just walk up free throw or overhead.

This works after a ex guac owns an uppercut and you still have meter.

I’m a big fan of Ex-run cancel into grab and corpse hop into close-standing HK launch for guac.

I also like run-stop-ultra. :slight_smile:

F+Mk, Jab x ? (varies), and either walk up throw or cr. lk, MK, into super.

after a successful tortilla:

dash forward once, run back and immediately tortilla as far as you can in your opponent’s direction. you land on the other side, sets up for a perfectly timed f+mk.

note: does not work on everyone

Shower kick on opponent wake up to close mk. If they are mashing grab they get hit since close mk has air frames.

This seems to stuff some pokes too

This is actually pretty nasty. I think this is something to get down.

My most used shenanigan as of late is to the back dash j.HP crossup and then do RSF to get them back down.

Others include:
Corpse hop into Slide.
Run Stop LK Guac
Run back and forth in place. - This annoys people and it can give you enough options in some situations.
Short wall jump.

And this is just some of the stuff I do.

Trolling has never been so much fun.

Corpse hop slide is hella handy. It’s on of my most used.

Shower Kick to Close Fierce

CrHK -> corpse hop -> back run -> mixups
crHK -> corpse hop -> corpse hop -> slide
crHK -> walk forward -> corpse hop-> slide
crhk -> corpse hop -> lk guac -> back run -> mixup.
crhk -> corpse hop -> wait a bit-> shower kick -> clHP
crhk -> corpse hop -> wait a bit-> shower kick ->clLP crMK xx run mixup

Densuo, I think you’re just the man to answer this question, since you love the Q-bomb…

I’m trying to implement the Q-bomb into my game a little more, since I barely ever think to use it and sometimes forget Elf has it… Which kick button do you use to charge? Ive been using lk, but I realise that I cannot tech or throw whilst holding it down. If I use mk, then I can no longer crouch medium kick, or focus attack. Now, obviously you don’t charge forever, and you can just let the buttons go to enable to you to perform another move, so how do you stop Q-bomb from coming out if you just want to use a different move? I guess you’d let go whilst in the process of another move, but that’s not very convenient…

I guess I’m just kind of asking how best to use it.

Thanks.