Yun changes question

yun

For Yun:

Anyone care to speculate on the significance of this? I suppose it means that now Yun might be able to combo into new moves after a divekick, but Yang received a very similarly worded nerf so I thought it might be a mistranslation.

I think the net result is going to be 0 since they added 2 frames of landing recovery to the dive kick. I’m thinking the +2 on hit or block is just to offset that.

I read through the changes again, and it seems only Yang has the extra 2 frames of landing recovery, while Yun has increased block stun and hit stun. It seems odd that they would nerf Yang’s dive kick, but not Yuns, so I thought that maybe there is a mistranslation here. But I still can’t see where Capcom added 2 frames of landing recovery to Yun’s dive kicks (although it is listed for Yang). Am I mistaken here?

Yeah, it’s in the first set red text in the list of changes to Yun.

【雷撃蹴】は、弱・中・強全てにおいて高度制限がこれまでより高く設定され、
着地硬直を2F追加
しました。

Thanks.

the hitstun on his divekick is currently ass, since they’re making a height restriction like yangs, they’ve increased the hit/blockstun to compensate.

Have the exact height restrictions been placed?

From the two changes to dive-kicks (and what I remember from AE 2012 footage), the dive-kick is most likely going to require more accuracy - if an opponent can space themselves just out of range, it’s likely that they can time an LP in order to begin a punish combo. However, if you watch the first match here [[media=youtube]e7jSxtJ2CxQ[/media], you can see Kazunoko do a counter cross-over light dive-kick into a target combo, but he doesn’t capitalize after that. If there’s more footage of divekicking Yuns, it would be appreciated.