Yun Matchup Chart

yun

From the tier thread.

Okay Yun players, what are Yun’s *actual *matchups like?

pretty sure bison zangief and hawk beat him and some of those 7-3s are just ridiculous. no way is he 7-3 with 3/4 of those characters…and hakan being 9-1 is laughable cuz i could see hakan giving him problems this matchup chart is a piece of shit made to make yun look way more overpowered than he really is(not saying he aint)

I’m pretty sure that viper loses to Yun, I’m by no means a yun expert, but I think their are too many 7-3s on there.

I thought I’d get more outrage considering how fucking ridiculous it is.

It’s a horrible list. What else is there to be said.

this list is garbage. i think dudley, boxer, grapplers, yang, and maybe cammy give yun at least a fair fight if not some trouble.

list is trash.

Not really accurate. As far as the Hakan one… He can give Yun some problems… Especially his air grabs w/ ultra 2 in play.

Sent from Tapatalk

[details=Spoiler]Yang: 5-5
Fei Long: 5-5
Ken: 5-5
Sagat: 5-5
C.Viper: 5-5
M.Bison: 6-4
Blanka: 6-4
Makoto: 5-5
Sakura: 6-4
Abel: 7-3
Ryu: 6-4
Rufus: 5.5-4.5
Zangief: 5-5
Dhalsim: 8-2
Akuma: 7-3
Ibuki: 5.5-4.5
Cody: 6-4
T.Hawk: 4-6
Balrog: 5.5-4.5
Adon: 6-4
Cammy: 6-4
Gen: 6-4
Juri: 7-3
E.Honda: 6-5
Chun-li: 5.5-4.5
Guile: 6-4
Dudley: 5.5-4.5
Vega: 6-4
Rose: 6-4
Guy: 6-4
Seth: 5-5
El Fuerte: 6-4
Evil Ryu: 6-4
Dee Jay: 5-5
Gouken: 6-4
Oni: 6-4
Dan: 5-5
Hakan: 8-2[/details]

Grain of salt warning. Just explanations on the 7-3s:

Abel: Abel struggles the fuck with dive kicks, anyways. Essentially what the match-up ends up being is Abel sitting between his s.lk and f+mk range and hoping that the few times he gets in, he fucks up Yun enough. Basically, against Abel, safe/tight block strings+good command throw=Abel gets blown the fuck up.

Akuma: I’m personally unfamiliar with the match-up. However, from what I understand, Akuma is at least a 6-4 in Yun’s favor. Honestly, I’d think that they’re bitching a bit hard (they being some Akuma players), but I can agree it’s one of Akuma’s worse match-ups.

Juri: She struggles so hard on fundamental things against Yun. Shit, she can’t even anti-air him without having a trade largely in Yun’s favor. She can do some cute shit like dive kicks to try and beat palm, but that shit is so gimmicky you’re left asking, “What’s the god damn point?”

Hakan: is Hakan. Not that many people play him, so it’s largely irrelevant.

Chun gets pwned by dive kick usage. Definitely not 5.5 - 4.5, probably 6-4 at best.

Dan is 5-5? lol? I’d rather fight a Dan than a Gief any day.

If you’re going to have 7-3’s, I’d say Blanka should be on that list. Or maybe 6.5 - 3.5. Blanka pretty much has zero wakeup game except ultra. Everything he does can just be punished, even on hit.

Little to no experience on good Blankas. Call it as you will.

I feel Dan is 5.5-4.5 at worse (Yun’s favor). Ignoring shit Dans and referring to the ones who actually know what the fuck knee pressure is. I wouldn’t sleep too much on Dan.

I feel that Chun is 5.5-4.5 at worse. That’s just a personal taste thing.

Yang: 5-5
Sagat: 4.5-5.5
C.Viper: 5-5
M.Bison: 5.5-4.5
Blanka: 4.5-5.5
Makoto: 5.5-4.5
Abel: 6-4
Rufus: 6-4
Zangief: 5.5-4.5 maybe even
Dhalsim: 6.5-3.5
Akuma: 5.5-4.5
Ibuki: 5.5-4.5
Cody: 5.5-4.5
T.Hawk: 5-5
Balrog: 5-5
Adon: 5-5
Cammy: 6-4
Gen: 5.5-4.5
Juri: 6-4
E.Honda: 5.5-4.5
Chun-li: 5.5-4.5
Dudley: 5.5-4.5
Seth: 5.5-4.5 (Thanks Poongko)
Dee Jay: 6-4
Dan: 6-4
Hakan: 6-4

I think this is more reflective of his actual match ups.

I’m bored so I’ll give my thoughts. :

Yang: 5-5
Sagat: 4-6
C.Viper: 6-4
M.Bison: -6-4
Blanka: 5-5
Makoto: 5-5
Abel: 6-4
Rufus: 6-4
Zangief: 4-6
Dhalsim: 7-3
Akuma: 4-6
Ibuki: 6-4
Cody: 5-5
T.Hawk: 4-6
Balrog: 5-5
Adon: 5-5
Cammy: 5-5
Gen: 6-4
Juri: 6-4
E.Honda: 6-4
Chun-li: 6-4
Dudley: 5-5
Seth: 5-5
Dee Jay: 5-5
Dan: 6-4
Hakan: 6-4

I am 100% sure that you’ve never played a good Juri. The matchup is 5-5 at best.

AE Yun wishes he had as many favorable match ups as Vanilla Sagat. There’s no way that’s even remotely acceptable.

Yeah most of Yun’s matchups should be 5.5 - 4.5 at best. 6-4 and beyond should be reserved for free win matchups.

I agree, sort of. Juri has anti airs for days and they beat out Yun’s divekicks pretty well. The rare times they trade she definitely wins. I’m not sure that the match is 5-5, but it definitely isn’t unwinable for Juri or anything.

I also think Akuma has the slight advantage against Yun in a lot of ways. When Akuma gets an Untechable knockdown it’s extremely hard to fight his vortex and safe jump pressure. You can’t even backdash because he can OS sweep you and reset the situation again. He can also keep Yun grounded pretty well with Air Fireball, but if he lets Yun in once it’s game over for him.

Yun has the advantage over Akuma imo. Just because he has vortex and safe jump pressure doesn’t mean it’s automatically Akuma favored. You have to respect his pressure game just as much as he has to respect yours.

At midrange I’d say Yun has more options. Akuma has a fast walk speed and good shoto normals, that’s about it. Yun can use st.MP, st.LK, and cr.MK, or he can just sit back and build meter.

Juri’s fireball game is very hard to deal with for Yun. He can’t shoulder through her low fireballs, and she can simultaneously store a fireball while anti-airing a dive kick. Couple that with her counter move, and her close standing HK which beats or trades with all of Yun’s close dive kicks, it’s very hard for Yun to open a good Juri up. Yun can’t spam lunge to get in because her fireballs stay on screen for a long time, and it’s easy for her to stop them on reaction by just releasing a fireball if there isn’t one already out there.

The matchup is based on whoever has better zoning and spacing of their special moves, which is the epitomy of a 5-5 matchup imo.

The match-up against Gen is not correct. The old man is quite good against the twins… just see how Amiyu destroyed Daigo on xbl…