“The key to victory is understanding your enemy’s strengths and weaknesses.”
We should talk about the most common/popular characters for the matchups first off.
Zero vs Ryu
- Discuss what partner assist would help in that match up.
- How should Zero play against Ryu?
- Mention what tools Zero has to get the upper hand in that match up.
- Mention what tools Ryu has against Zero.
- Tell us what you think the match up ratio is.
- Weblink matches or combos from youtube to show Zero vs Ryu matches or Zero strategies, if you notice something interesting.
- What should we be using our meter for in this match up?
Ryu’s advantages: Hard hitting combo’s that can combo almost everything into a shinku hadouken.
Zero’s advantages: He is able to easily avoid the hadoukens, overall quicker attacks, more priority on most moves.
Overall: 60:40 in Ryu’s favor.
I wanted to get this match up stuff started, to give us a good head start of the match ups. Feel free to contribute.
Zero vs Tekkaman Blade
Blades’s advantages: Blade out ranges Zero and causes massive damage, he also above average health against Zero’s low damage combos. He can easily combo into his supers. Insane priority.
Zero’s advantages: He’s quicker and he can put on tons of more pressure, he can build up better quicker, to combo into his level 3.
Overall: 60:40 in Blade’s favor
*I’m not suggesting Zero is a bad character, so far Ryu and Tekkaman Blade seem to be his harder match ups.